I am entering Japan under diplomatic or military status

Reservations Team
Reservations Team
  • Created
To be eligible for a Japan Rail Pass, it is necessary to enter Japan on the visa 'Temporary Visitor' status, which authorises a stay in Japan of less than 90 days for unpaid activities.
In many cases this visa is granted automatically on your arrival into Japan if you enter the country as a tourist.
However, if you enter Japan under a military/business/diplomatic visa or status then you will not receive the ‘Temporary Visitor’ visa and you will be unable to exchange your voucher for the pass as you status is checked at that time.
Examples of status which do not allow the use of the JR Pass are: SOFA, APEC Business Travel Card, etc…

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.