Can I buy a JR Pass for someone already in Japan?

Reservations Team
Reservations Team
  • Created
People residing/working in Japan generally have a long term visa (work, student, research, etc.) different from the “temporary visitor” visa. They are not able to use the Japan Rail Pass.
Only those entering Japan with a “temporary visitor” visa, valid for 90 days, are eligible for the Japan Rail Pass.
We therefore invite you to purchase a pass only for yourself, while your friend/family member must buy his/her tickets at the station for regular price.
For those residing in Japan, there are discounted tickets, such at the Seishun 18 Kippu , and other seasonal discounts.

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.